ADMISSION OF STUDENTS AT THE UTP
The admission of students at the University of Telecommunications and Post is carried out by one of the following ways, based on:
1. Successfully passed state matriculation exam (2008 to 2016 incl.) in:
* Bulgarian language and literature – all specialties of the UTP;
* mathematics – for all specialties of the UTP;
* Informatics – for all specialties of the UTP;
* Physics and astronomy – all specialties of the UTP;
* foreign language for all subjects of the UTP;
* English – a specialty Computer administration of software applications;
* Theory of the profession for majors in professional direction „Electronics, automation, communications and computer equipment.“
2. Successfully passed (before 2008) matriculation exam in the listed subjects.
3. Successfully passed entrance test at the UTP (preliminary and / or entry).
4. Successfully passed another university entrance exam / test.
5. Passing exams in Mathematics /HigherMathematics and Informatics at an accredited university when applying for training of first-rate.
6. The resultant grade of these Olympiads and competitions conducted by the Ministry of Education and Science during the academic year when applying for full-time study:
* National / Regional stage of the Olympiad (competition) in: Mathematics, Physics and astronomy, Informatics, foreign language;
* National / Regional stage of these competitions in professional fields:
* National Review for Young Explorers „Energy, Economics and Mathematical Modeling“;
* Competition electric power and economy „Become a Fellow of CEZ ‘;
* Competition „Best technician in mechanical engineering“;
* Competition in Application Electronics „I can and I know how ‘;
* Olympiad in accounting activity;
* Competition in telecommunications.
At the University of Telecommunications and Post may apply individuals who:
1. Have completed secondary education;
2. Restore their student rights within three years after they are written off.
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS AT THE UTP
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS AT THE UTP
Foreigners may apply forstudents when they hold a document for secondary education that gives them access to training in higher schools in the country where the secondary education was acquired or a document for completed higher education.
Foreigners can apply at the University of Telecommunications and Post:
1. In pursuance of intergovernmental educational, scientific and cultural exchange –they submit documents at the Ministry of Education and Science, through the competent institutions in the country from which they are applying. College students are admitted under the terms and conditions laid down in intergovernmental agreements, after consultation with the relevant institutions;
2. When they pay fees under Art. 95, para. 7 and par. 8 of the Higher Education Act and submit their documents within October 1 in the year of application under the terms and conditions of Art. 15 of the Ordinance on state requirements for admission of students in higher education institutions of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Students are admitted within the placesfor admission annually established by the Council of Ministers.
Persons applying under Art. 95, para. 7 of the HEA pay tuition fees after having received a visa type „D“ and arrived in Bulgaria.
Persons with dual citizenship, one of which is Bulgarian pay half of the fees for foreign citizens.
Foreigners submit the following documents:
* form or request containing a brief CV details and the specialties which they wish to study;
* copy of the document (diploma) of completed secondary education and the grades – for applicants for full-time studies;
* document issued by a competent authority certifying the applicant’s right to continue their studies in higher education institutions of the country where they have acquired their secondary education;
* document for Bulgarian language proficiency issued by a university in Bulgaria – for the applicants who will not pass language and specialized training;
* medical certificate issued within one month prior to the application date and certified by the relevant authorities in the country where the person is applying;
* copy of the citizenship documents – for applicants with dual citizenship, one of which is Bulgarian;
* three photos with format 3.5 cm / 4.5 cm.
Documents should be legalised, translated and certified in accordance with the international treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria to the country in which they are issued, and in the absence of such – the general procedure for legalisation, translation and certification of documents and other papers.